The Best Advice for Keeping your Kitchen Clean is to clean daily or hire a cleaning service but we know that’s all good saying that, I myself cannot be arsed to clean the kitchen every 5 minutes, So below I have come up with 15 tips to keep on top of that filthy kitchen.
- Clean as you go: As you cook, take a few minutes to clean up spills, wipe down counters, and wash dishes. This will prevent messes from building up and make it easier to maintain a clean kitchen.
- Set a cleaning schedule: Designate specific times of the day or week to focus on cleaning specific areas of the kitchen, such as wiping down the counters or cleaning the oven.
- Use airtight containers: Store food in airtight containers to keep it fresh and prevent spills and crumbs from getting all over the kitchen.
- Keep a cleaning caddy: Keep all of your cleaning supplies, such as dish soap, sponges, and a scrub brush, in a caddy or bucket that you can easily carry from room to room.
- Keep the sink clean: Make sure to rinse dishes and utensils before placing them in the dishwasher, and wipe down the sink and counter after use to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Be organized: Keep your kitchen organized by putting things back where they belong after use, this will make it easier to find what you need and keep your kitchen looking clean.
- Get everyone involved: Encourage everyone in your household to help keep the kitchen clean by assigning specific tasks and cleaning responsibilities to each member.
- Use a cleaning checklist: Create a list of cleaning tasks that need to be done and check them off as they are completed.
- Clean your appliances: Clean your appliances regularly, including your refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, and microwave. This will keep them in good working order and prevent any unpleasant smells.
- Use natural cleaners: Avoid using harsh chemicals in your kitchen by using natural cleaners like baking soda, lemon juice, and white vinegar. These are effective for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, and are also better for your health and the environment.
- Keep a routine: Maintaining a consistent routine is key to keeping your kitchen clean. This means doing things like washing dishes as soon as you’re done using them, wiping counters and sweeping the floor after meals, and taking out the trash and recycling on a regular schedule.
- Invest in good tools: Having the right tools for cleaning makes the process a lot easier. Keep a good set of kitchen cleaning tools, like a microfiber cloth, a rubber spatula, and a long-handled brush to reach tight spaces.
- Use a timer: Set a timer for 15 minutes and focus on cleaning one specific area of your kitchen, this will help you stay on track and make sure you don’t get overwhelmed by the cleaning process.
- Take care of the floors: Keep your kitchen floors clean by sweeping or vacuuming them regularly. This will prevent dirt and dust from spreading to other areas of the kitchen.
- Freshen up: Keep your kitchen smelling fresh by using essential oils, simmering a pot of water with herbs or citrus peel, or using a natural room spray.
By following these tips, you can maintain a clean and organised kitchen, and make it easier to keep your kitchen spotless. I personally think that this is the best advice for keeping your kitchen clean.