How do you clean an oven that’s never been cleaned? Is the right question to ask and my answer is to throw it out and buy a new one, But if your are too attached the the appliance then I have the answer below…
Cleaning an oven that has never been cleaned can be a daunting task, but it is essential for maintaining the function and safety of the appliance. Here are some steps you can take to clean an oven that has never been cleaned:
- Remove all the oven racks and soak them in a solution of warm water and dish soap. This will make it easier to remove any built-up food debris.
- Mix a solution of baking soda and water to create a paste. Spread the paste over the interior of the oven, making sure to cover all surfaces, including the walls, bottom, and ceiling.
- Allow the paste to sit for at least an hour, or even overnight if the oven is particularly dirty. This will help to loosen any built-up grime and food debris.
- Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to wipe away the paste, along with any debris that has been loosened. You can also use a plastic scraper to remove any stubborn grime.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away any remaining baking soda paste and to clean up any remaining debris.
- Clean the oven racks with a solution of warm water and dish soap and dry them thoroughly.
- Reinstall the oven racks into the oven.
- Finally, wipe down the exterior of the oven with a damp cloth or sponge to remove any remaining debris.
It’s important to note that if your oven has a self-cleaning function, it is recommended to use it before starting the above steps. Also, some ovens have a special coating and using abrasive materials can damage that coating. In that case, you should refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for safe cleaning methods.
Cleaning an oven that has never been cleaned can be a time-consuming process in cleaning, but it is important to do it regularly to maintain the function and safety of the appliance.